Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here and new to old Hondas. My current ride is an '04 CBR 600rr, but I just picked up a '71 SL350 for my fiancee. Its her first bike, and she loves the classic looks and standard riding position or I would have talked her into something a little newer. The little thing is in great shape, under 10k miles and the previous owner was an older gentleman who's been riding these things since they were new. Of course there's a few things that need work, clutch needs to be adjusted, needs fork seals and rear shocks, and I'm going to replace the points with one of those new fangled electronic ignitions. Hopefully she doesn't drop it too often as she learns to ride, but at least parts are cheap! Anyway, I'm off to browse the rest of the forum for tips on clutch adjustment and why there's a slight backfire when I shift (hopefully it's just me being used to fuel injection).

·
Registered
555 Posts
Welcome! Give us pictures! There’s a fairly sizable Seattle contingent here, so feel free to let us know if you get stuck.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Welcome and yes pictures would be nice.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Nice bike. The side cover in that picture doesn't look original though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think someone sprayed it black at some point. It's probably gunna stay that way until I accidentally break it trying to take it off.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome, good looking bike

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
The side cover in that picture doesn't look original though.
It's a K0, Don... the cover is original except for the color. The K0 was like a CB with different exhaust, high fenders and scrambler bars, electric start and all. A behemoth to dirt ride, I had a friend in high school who owned one. It's likely a re-titled '70

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Welcome.. nice wheels..
Do yourself and (future) wife a favor.. have her take a riders safety class if one is available. Even if SH doesn't complete the riding portion.. she will obtain some good defensive riding information...
Then, take her to a (empty) parking lot with some soft items to use to practice tight SLOW turns and figure 8s. I found if u bring up the idle up a little on the bike, it will help her stay in "the friction zone" with minimal chance of stalling.
Practice, practice, practice....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts