Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone-

I've been looking at these forums for a year or so, finally introducing myself. I'm pretty new to motorcycles in general but have been casually working on cars since I was a kid. I got my first bike when my wife came home one day and said, "I found this awesome old Honda on craigslist, we're picking it up tomorrow and I need you to pull the trailer". Neither of us had ever ridden a motorcycle before. It turned out to be a beautiful 1982 CB125s -- small but loads of fun, especially around the little streets of Pittsburgh. I fell in love with riding it & and even more so working on it.

Well, the second bike we found, while pretty clean, turned out to be a bit more unreliable than the first. We picked up a running, albeit not perfect, '71 cb350. It's been a thorn in my side ever since, one of those got it running for a day to sell specials. Still struggling with it but hopefully getting close to having it on the road.

Anyway, this site has been unbelievably helpful over the past year. So, thanks to everybody. Here are some pictures of my bikes, first is when I picked up the 125, then the semi-running 350.

-Tim

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Welcome Tim, and thanks for the unsolicited introduction with pictures and great detail. Good start into vintage Hondas, and the 350 is the most popular vintage twin out there so there are many here who own them and lots of info and advice to work with. And, I can't help commenting on the fact that your wife initiated the "let's go buy this bike" action... what an awesome thing that was, and congrats for having that advantage over most of us. BTW, does your wife have a sister? :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Tim, and thanks for the unsolicited introduction with pictures and great detail. Good start into vintage Hondas, and the 350 is the most popular vintage twin out there so there are many here who own them and lots of info and advice to work with. And, I can't help commenting on the fact that your wife initiated the "let's go buy this bike" action... what an awesome thing that was, and congrats for having that advantage over most of us. BTW, does your wife have a sister? :p
She does but you're a few years too late. Can barely count the number of times I've been asked that!

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Then clearly she's a keeper :p (y) Mine is damn good too, but she doesn't find bikes and suggest we go buy them...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts