Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya Folks!
Bought my first bike a couple months ago! 1975 CB200 - not running when I got it, did some cleaning and modifications and have it running now! (aside from some funky issues - I'll save that for another post)

I live in Portland and love getting my hands dirty with winter projects. My dad owned a bike when I was a teenager - I forget what it was, somewhere around a 250cc tracker that we used to ride around on a friends property. Ever since then, I thought it would be fun to own a bike. Finally convinced my wife that after I finished a couple larger projects around the house, I could get a bike as my winter project.

I don't know a ton about mechanics, but I love learning and getting into things is the best way for me. So far, I've loved working on my bike and seeing how things are affected when I modify/replace/clean certain parts.

Hoping to turn my bike into a nice little summer rider around town and out to wine country!
-W

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Consider yourself addicted! lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome nice bike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! Really, my plan was to find something that needed plenty of work to get my hands into something to learn. I'd like to turn this one into a simple little bike with cleaner lines and simple look. Considering a tank design change, new seat for sure, clean up the wiring/cables, maybe a matte gray on the frame, brown leather seat, undetermined on tank color... my wife likes the rusty gold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts