Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I own a 1982 CD 125 that I am restoring and making a few subtle mods to along the way just to make things like the headlights compete with modern ones etc.

I've owned it nearly 5 years but I've never heard it run or ridden it. I've totally stripped it and restored it component by component, the engine and carb have been stripped and rebuilt with any new parts needed slowly as and when time allows. It's currently looking like this which is a long way from the sorry state it was in.

2018-07-09 17.15.08.jpg

It would be running by now but the HT leads on the coil have disintegrated and I can't seem to source a new, ideally genuine one. Anyone have any ideas??

Plans are to just get it going for now and enjoy it, I do plan to convert it to EFI at some point once I can source some small enough throttle bodies.

I'll aim to create a build thread although I've not got much from what I've already done.

Cheers,

Charlie

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello Charlie, is yours a 6volt bike? My CD185 is and I ordered a 6v LED headlight bulb yesterday on Ebay - not fitted yet but I am interested in the results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts