Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :) so I'm pretty new to all of this and just got my bike a few months ago and I'm loving it. I do not have any kind of background in mechanics though so this will be a very interesting experience for me and Im excited to learn and become more comfortable with my bike. I look forward to hearing from all of you and to be part of this great community. My goal is to convert my 1981 cb400t into a cafe style bike and to keep it running well. Ive already run into some issues but I will save that for the apporpriate thread. Thanks all, safe riding!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another 400 series here. Got any pics of it?
Check out the 'new to you old bike' sticky.
What exactly is the electrical problem you are having?
There is an electrical section in the 400/450/'rebels' area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome I will check those out! My issue is with the battery area possibly charging. I have had my battery die a couple times but a push start or jump got me going again until recently it died and won't turn over. All my lights work but push starting or jumping won't get it going again. My horn sounds weak though and the lights are not as bright I don't think

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
The charging system and the ignition system are separate on these bikes.
You need to get a multi-meter and do some checking.
You can try a jump from a non-running vehicle to try to get it to turn over.
If you get it to turn, check for spark.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wouldn't jump from a car or battery pack, checked the battery and it was toast so I got a new one and its installed and ready to go. When i hit the starter I get one click and a whining sound while I hold it. Can't get it to turn over

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Have you tried putting jumper cables on the frame and starter cable to see if the starter turns then?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts