Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first year riding a motorcycle and I've been absolutely in love. Bought a xj750rj that I "fixed" by reading up about in forums and replacing the oil/filter/plugs, and have been riding every day it isnt raining. My wife got jealous she couldn't go with me so we found her a Honda CM450A. I'm in the process of trying to get it running right, gone through the basics but it looks like I'll have to do some carb cleaning/tuning (pretty nervous about it). Thanks for the help and resources, lets keep these awesome vintage bikes on the road!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome - the SOHC 400/450 crowd will be along soon. From what I can see, it looks like a decent machine... one suggestion right away though - when it's not running, be sure to turn off the fuel to avoid potential flooding that might go into the bottom end of the engine and cause diluted oil and damage to the engine internals.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hey nieghbor, welcome to the forum, you will have her up and running before you know it!
Cant wait to see the whole bike

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome and greetings from Minneapolis. Where in the land of lakes are ya located? Looking forward to seeing how your bike comes along in the future!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Welcome..
Some advice I can give u with getting ur wife on her bike.. find a big EMPTY parking lot.. and have her practice, turns, figure 8s, all fairly comfortable speeds .. then practice then slower and tighter..
I basically had my wife practicing the same manovers she would be required to do for her riding part of the "test".. As her confidence and balance progressed.. i "tightened" things up a bit.. I also brought the idle down on her bike back to normal.. A little high idle helped her with the "friction zone" and stalling..
oh.. did I mention practice?
Keep us posted..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts