Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Adam, I’m in my twenties and my 1971 CL450 and I live in Minnesota. This forum has been so helpful with my first project that I thought it was about time I introduced myself and say thank you! You all gave me the courage to attempt a top end rebuild on my bike this past winter and thanks to your knowledge, I have been enjoying a summer of the best running and riding I have ever had. Some of the things you all helped me with were: new rings, cam chain, recut valves and seats, lapped valves, honed cylinders, new gaskets, filed points, diagnosed bad coil, and lots of wiring!
The only issue is, now that my CL450 is running great, I have nothing to work on! To give me something to do during the cold Minnesota winter, I have just picked up a 1970 CD175 today and I am excited to get to work! I am going to try to repair and restore the little fella for my dad. He bought the bike when he was 16 and it has been stored away for quite some time.
If there are any Honda Twin fans here in the Twin Cities that want to go for a ride sometime, let me know! I hope to give back and help the forum with any knowledge I may have.

Glad to meet you all,

-Adam
IMG_20170923_163845_519.jpg IMG_20170913_222020_157.jpg 20171021_140248.jpg

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice job on the CL. The DOHC is a great bike. After that the CD should be a piece of cake.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts