Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was holding off on my introduction until I was officially an owner since although I wanted a Honda, I had some money burning a hole in my pocket, and I was going to have a vintage bike soon regardless of exact model.

This week, I picked up a '72 CB350 in "decent" running order to turn into my winter project. I am super excited and can't wait to soak up the knowledge around here!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HerrDeacon said:
Welcome to the site. Very nice 350, looks to be in great shape! You say its in decent running order, any issues?
Hasn't been ridden for a while. Has just under 6700 miles. Definitely needs a good cleaning and tune-up.

The throttle cable attachment (right under the throttle) needs adjusting. Throttle was sticking. Previous owner thought the cable need to be lubed, but once I adjusted it a bit, the RPMs backed right off to normal. Once adjusted though, it vibrates and un-adjusts itself.

I am going to have a thorough once over done by a mechanic so I can be sure it's in good running order before I mess with anything, since I have two left wrenches for sure.

First on my list is getting it registered tomorrow, then getting my cycle endorsement.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome. You'll find a lot of help here.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
welcome, where at in Michigan are you?

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Welcome to the site, nice looking bike although I'd say you've got a weep from the head gasket.
Plenty of help here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bike-Mart said:
Welcome to the site, nice looking bike although I'd say you've got a weep from the head gasket.
Plenty of help here.
Thanks for the head's up. What is making you say that? I want to be able to tell the mechanic when I go.

Hey JeyLux, I am in Bloomfield Hills. Just a hop, skip and a jump, then another jump and skip and hop away.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice looking bike! You said you were going to soon get your endorsement. Are you taking the MSF Basic Rider Course?

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
The fact that the top fin on the cyllinder barrel is much darker, probably damp, normally points to a slight leak from head gasket. I could be totally wrong though, somebody will soon comment.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bike-Mart said:
The fact that the top fin on the cylinder barrel is much darker, probably damp, normally points to a slight leak from head gasket. I could be totally wrong though, somebody will soon comment.
Duly noted. Or you could be totally right! Where there's smoke there is fire, so it will be added to the list.

I plan on having the mechanic (once I am legally licensed to ride it there) give me a punch list of things to fix. I will tackle anything that I can semi-confidently do myself and let them hammer out the rest. New gaskets are probably a good idea as it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts