Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself; My name is Jesse from Huntington, NY (Long Island). Although I am newly active on this forum I have read and learned a ton from it already; I ride a 2009 Bonneville and recently purchased a '74 CL360; She is certainly in need of everything and I am sure I will be asking a ton of questions along the way! This is the first bike that I've ever worked on and I am excited for the challenge and rewards that come with it; Thank you to all members for creating such an awesome resource for rookies like me :)

Here is my Bonneville along with the CL when I first picked her up:

IMG_7087.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Slick looking Triumph! I'd love to take a spin on one of those someday. Maybe I'll buy a bike that's newer than 40 years old sometime.

Let's get some more pics of that SL! Get some high-res ones and post them as you go through it!
I'm about to start working through this checklist on a new (to me) CB350. Seems like a good place to start! Have fun with it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I really the Bonneville, but I think older bikes are awesome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum. I really the Bonneville, but I think older bikes are awesome!
Thanks so much; yeah the Bonnie has been my only bike up until now; and I love it...But I am pumped to get my feet wet with the CL; gonna force me to get educated as well :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slick looking Triumph! I'd love to take a spin on one of those someday. Maybe I'll buy a bike that's newer than 40 years old sometime.

Let's get some more pics of that SL! Get some high-res ones and post them as you go through it!
I'm about to start working through this checklist on a new (to me) CB350. Seems like a good place to start! Have fun with it.
Thanks man; the Bonnie is my first love but I'm pumped to get to know the scram! You asked for more pics, well here she goes :)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zt35GXD7R3Y6TV4B6

I removed the tank and side covers and am in the process of putting together a list as we speak...I'm a newbie so I'll admit it's pretty freaking daunting!

·
Registered
500 Posts
It is daunting, but keep taking lots of pictures as you diassemble the bike. It will become handy when time comes to put it back together.

Nice find by the way!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hello and welcome from Wisconsin! Looks like the old girl set outside in the weather a little bit. Just remember, these little bikes are like a family member. They require alot of love and maitenance to keep them happy and going for the long haul. Your in the right place to learn all that!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello and welcome from Wisconsin! Looks like the old girl set outside in the weather a little bit. Just remember, these little bikes are like a family member. They require alot of love and maitenance to keep them happy and going for the long haul. Your in the right place to learn all that!
Your exactly right, she has definitely gotten a bit sun burnt over the years! Thanks for the support and I am pumped to take in and contribute to this forum :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Also plastic freezer bags and sharpies to write on them where parts came from. You will want to put all your fasteners and small parts in them with labels on where they came from. The better you organize your pull off parts, the easier it is to put them back.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also plastic freezer bags and sharpies to write on them where parts came from. You will want to put all your fasteners and small parts in them with labels on where they came from. The better you organize your pull off parts, the easier it is to put them back.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Thanks for all the pointers and I am definitely making certain to label everything - Very much appreciated!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself; My name is Jesse from Huntington, NY (Long Island). Although I am newly active on this forum I have read and learned a ton from it already; I ride a 2009 Bonneville and recently purchased a '74 CL360; She is certainly in need of everything and I am sure I will be asking a ton of questions along the way! This is the first bike that I've ever worked on and I am excited for the challenge and rewards that come with it; Thank you to all members for creating such an awesome resource for rookies like me :)

Here is my Bonneville along with the CL when I first picked her up:
Good to have you Jesse, and a nice combo of bikes you have - retro-modern and vintage, best of both worlds.

Here's a post to help with the picture orientation

https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/25-website-issues/120382-pictures-post-upside-down.html#post1008568

1 - 11 of 11 Posts