Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Two weeks ago i bought a CB250N, 1981 model. It is "museum registered" on our system, which makes it more valuable but also means it has to stay 100% original. It is originally from Sweden, this model was never imported to Finland so it"s pretty rare around here. I think there"s 5-6 of these in our country. Back then they choosed to import CB250RS here, which is a single with 1-2 exhaust.
In 1989 i owned a CB400N, so this type is not totally strange to me. It"s not in perfect shape esthetically, but reasonable. Tank is bit worn, and it needs a new front mudguard. It was pretty cheap. It is my 25th motorcycle. Engine is as sweet as typical Honda purr gets, it sounds healthy unlike my CBR1000F before this, which rattled like crazy when cold.

I have done around 1000km with it now, and i have some complaints too though. Instrument needles are all over the place when riding. Tacho and speedo needles act like a compass on a northpole. Speedo needle wonders between 80-120km/h when you are riding 100km/h. Same with the tacho. I have thought replacing the instruments with CB400N instruments though they are not original. There"s cheap CB400N scrapyard instruments available here. Engine purrs sweetly on low revs, but is quite loud mechanically on high revs. It does not sound like anythings broken or out of adjustment, just this 1960"-type of bit raw scream. Probably just bit worn. One thing that doubles that effect is that ultimately quiet standard exhaust system. There"s no exhaust sound at all!:) All you hear is intake and mechanical sounds.

It is definitely not a Ferrari in performance sense, but it gets you forward with the traffic nicely enough. First gear is ridiciously short, i often take off with the second. A nice little bike. It makes pretty good torque low down considering it"s capacity. Fuel economy is not very good for it"s size. On a cruise it has exactly same MPG that my old CBR1000F had, around 55MPG. Top speed is 140km/h tugged down, 130km/h standing. During the eighties i cruised around Norway with my CB125TD, so it"s fast enough for me now expecially considering that our roads are full of those cameras now and people ride their cars like on tranqs, under-speeding. Here"s some pics of it next to one CB125T i found, and a video of some of my old rides.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome - nice compilation of your previous bikes. Love the CT70, the picture at the crossroads with the great scenery in the background, the RD250... as someone who has owned 34 bikes since the age of 14, I understand the great memories that all the previous bikes can bring and in some cases, the desire to own some of them again. It's always fun to see some of the machines available in other countries that we here in the US do not get to see often, if at all.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Awesome pics of your bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts