Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends! I am from Greeley, Colorado and I have been gifted with a 1979 Twinstar CM185T. My kids were giving a honda scooter from the 60's, cleaned it up, and the guy who wanted it traded them across. Needless to say, the Twinstar didn't run. We are currently in the process of rebuilding the engine (took it completely a part) and turning it into a cafe racer just for fun. I am relying heavily on some of your wisdom already, along with my Clymer's manual :) This is a fun project for me and my teen sons, and we hope to have it on the road this summer. More to come!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome Dan, thanks for the introduction with pictures. Great to see your kids involved, good stuff and a great learning experience for them. You should start a Project Log for the engine rebuild, post plenty of pictures so the community can offer advice and insight. BTW, don't rely on the doorstop, err, Clymer manual, get the right thing - the FSM (factory service manual) - from our library. Check your Conversations as below

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you are so close because I may need some professional assistance! LOL...

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
I wouldn't call myself a professional, more a fellow that likes the shadier side of trees. ;) I was actually looking at getting one of of those cool little guys a few years ago but it got away before I could contact the person selling it. Hope the boys have a good time learning how to make it run and ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts