Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have just joined the forum, at present I have a 2009 Moto Guzzi Bellagio and a 1965 BSA A65 Lightning Clubman, and now have decided to try and get a CB450.
The reason being I like the look of the bike and. from what I've read. it has a good engine. Also it's a twin, I like twins, all the bikes I've had since I started riding in 1975 have been twins except one , a 2000 Triumph Thunderbird Sport, a triple, or if you like a twin and a half!, and .... maybe my mechanical aptitude is comfortable with a twin!
I also have never owned a Honda, so I thought it was about time I did. The CB450 was never officially imported into the UK which means there aren't that many about here, so that was also in it's favour for me.
I have been looking into the forum and noticed there is a lot of good information and knowledge available from people who are willing to share their knowledge, which is great.

Cheers

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Any pics of the bikes to share?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the links, I previously had a look and on closer inspection the first one may require a good bit of work, and over the past few years I've done too much restoring and rebuilding that I've got to the point where the fun started to go out of it. I just want a bike that I don't have to touch, well I don't mind a small bit and obviously regular maintenance.
I missed a beauty by a day or two, I had seen it in a mag a month or two ago and called the number but it was unobtainable, it then dawned on me a few days ago to call the ad dept of the mag to see if they could help, they told me the gent had been in touch and had got 2 digits mixed up in the number and gave me the correct number but he had also put an advert in the latest edition, which of course I hadn't seen, I called it up, spoke to a really nice knowledgeable guy but he'd just sold it, he had taken an offer a bit lower than the asking price too, sods law!, the guy that bought it left a sizable deposit but still hadn't collected after 3 weeks, he promised to get back to me if the deal fell through, so here's hoping but I really doubt it will fall through.

The second one, I have a friend who tried to deal with this seller before and didn't have a very nice experience with the seller, he was, just lets say, not very pleasant!, my friend visited the premises to look at a couple of bikes and found containers with loads of bikes in various states of repair, which he brings in by the container load, all crammed in together, when he asked the seller where the bikes were he was told in a very unpleasant manner, he hadn't a clue and just to rummage through , "they're there somewhere!" The seller sells the bikes on a 'Classic Ad' which you don't leave feedback on and his feedback, I believe is generated by spares sales.

So the search goes on!

Thanks to all for the welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts