Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, my names David and I'm here in Indiana. I have only recently gotten into riding and had purchased my first bike about 6 months ago. The bike I purchased was a 1982 CM450C pictured below. It is a great bike and in great shape, there was a few minor issues that I had not noticed when I first purchased the bike. One of them being a crack in the drain valve on the lower casing, which I made a post about already. Overall though it has been a great start into learning to ride as well as learning to fix my own bike! Im looking forward to being apart of the community and learning as much as I can!

Bike.jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Hi David, and welcome - you didn't by chance buy that bike from a guy named Chris Vance, did you? The timeline doesn't seem to add up, but I posted this below not long ago about something I saw on the news and since much of the bike wasn't visible in the picture, yours looks like it could have been that one... check it out

http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/3-off-topic/107233-vintage-bike-flooding-victim.html

Edit: upon closer examination, the turn signals on your bike are the older versions... obviously not the same bike, but really similar with the padded sissy bar and other aspects

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Tom, thanks for looking out for me! I actually purchased the bike off a guy Larry Goodyear. He was super nice and gave me a great deal on the bike.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another 400 series here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey just a shot in the dark, have you ever taken apart a CM450C lower engine case before? If so how difficult was it? The only reason I am asking is because I broke the oil drain plug on the lower case.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Read up on the procedure in the Honda Factory Service manual. If you are mechanically inclined and have a set of decent tools, with the help of this forum, you can do almost anything. The procedure is the same basically for all the 400/450 SOHC bikes. The only 'special' tools you will need is the 20mm bolt for the alternator rotor and the clutch hub socket (that can be made from a 15/16" socket).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts