Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

After a few years of wanting, I finally bought a 1970 CB350. It ran, but not well, and now I'm trying to get it running better than it did before. I don't have a ton of experience with automotive mechanics, but I've been a gun guy for a while and have a good mind for mechanics and research, so I'm confident I'll be able to figure it out with some help here and there.

I live in an apartment and have an (uncovered) parking spot to work on the bike, and the majority of my tools are in another state currently, so as far as working on the bike goes, I'm pretty limited; however, most anything the bike would need is in my budget so I'm not limited in that department.

For reference, here's what I know about the bike: The previous owner bought it to learn on, had it for a little less than a year, and sold it because it was too tall for him (he was around 5'4"). He laid it down and wrecked the speedometer and one of the pipes, which he replaced, as well as the LH rear turn signal. He also had a mechanic look at the wiring and install a trickle charger. The previous owner to the guy I bought it from, who was a mechanic, restored it.

I look forward to learning about and working on this bike; and ultimately, riding a perfectly tuned bike!

Fuel tank Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like your color choice, i dont think its an OEM color, but very classic looking nonetheless! That 70' year is probably my favorite gas tank out of them all! Very clean bike and very stock still. Welcome!
Thank you! I bought the bike like that, and plan on leaving it that way. I've never seen an OEM '70 CB painted like that either, and the bit of overspray leads me to believe it's a surprisingly clean rattle can job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts