Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been on the lookout for a CL175 for the part 3 years and a deal just materialized from me a few weeks ago. I was able to pick up a CL175K0 from a friends friend for 400 dollars. I have had many Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki Singles but this is my first Honda twin so I am treading in new waters. For the most part the bike is complete. First things I have noticed is that the rubber swing-arm bushings are shot so there is a ton of play from side to side in the swing-arm which makes a huge impact on the chain tension and wheel alignment. Really looking forward to tearing into this bike and getting to know it though I'm really pretty nervous about the dual carbs and getting them synced and tuned right. Anyway, it's great to be part of the Honda Twins community finally! IMG_3816.jpg

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum pmkonrad, nice looking bike 400 dollar bike! I have a 72 cl175, had it since 95, yard sale for 125.00. These are fun little bikes, mine has been everything to all 3 of my sons. A trail bike for the oldest, and a alley rider for the 2 youngest. Now its a cafe racer for the youngest. Next it will see the grandkids and whatever they want to make of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
You should contact them, maybe you could get it for alot less. Then that would pay for the trip alone, what you dont use, then sell it. One day of travel time, could be well worth it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Welcome aboard! You'll find great advice here. You're reference to "treading in new waters" I hope is purely rhetorical given all the reports about flooding in eastern Iowa this week! :eek:

Best wishes and keep your feet dry!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome aboard! You'll find great advice here. You're reference to "treading in new waters" I hope is purely rhetorical given all the reports about flooding in eastern Iowa this week! :eek:

Best wishes and keep your feet dry!
Ya, I am lucky I'm not along the Mississippi thank God! I am located in Cedar Rapids which is about an hour away from thee eastern border, although we have had our share of flooding in my area too in recent years. Thanks for the welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts