Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just picked up a 1980 CM400E for a project bike. It’s my first project bike and I think I picked a good one. I owned a 1980 CM400T back in 1987 when I was 16. It was the first street bike I ever owned and I have fond memories of that little machine so I figured it would be an appropriate choice for my first project bike as well. Anyway I’m looking forward to picking some of your brains about the ins and outs of these machines and hopefully I can be of help to some of you.
Ride safe!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes much lighter without wheels and the motor…lol. Right now I’m just getting the frame cleaned up and painted, I’m cleaning up the motor and the wheels. Replacing bearings and seals and such as I go. Firstly just getting it back to newish condition. I’m putting different bars on right away, but other than some new mufflers I think I’m gonna ride it around like that for awhile and get to know the bike before I do any major changes. Kind of playing it by ear really.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Yeah I've got a 65 CB160 going back together soon that'll get the same treatment, I'm hoping it won't need anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts