Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I ought to create an account considering how much I have been referencing and using the collective wisdom of the boards here. I recently bought a 1973 CL450 K4 off of craigslist. It had been sitting in storage for a number of years, but the seller had it up and running in order to sell. Previously I have owned a Ninja 250R and a Ducati Monster 796. This is the third and only motorcycle I own (for now;) ). The idle on this bike was all over the place, lots of racing. I spent the weekend taking the carbs apart and using a combination of Berry Man's chem dip and pinesol for various pieces. The bike is starting right up and idling perfectly now--it put a grin on my face when I took it out for a few minutes last night and it kicked right up without even needing the choke. The front wheel has some sort of wobble when brakes are applied but I am hoping it simply needs to be trued (I already tightened the blatantly loose spokes). I am not very experienced with mechanics of any sort, but I have the Clymer's shop manual, this forum, and the internet and so I am hoping to use this as a learning experience.
cl450.JPG

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts