Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone from Harrisburg, PA! New (to me) 1985 250 rebel owner just looking to soak up some wisdom and maybe lay down some knowledge if I can. Been ripping into bikes for a few years now but this will be my first Honda.

My first project will be fixing the wiring mess the PO of my bike made. I'll be starting a thread about that and hope to make it a knowledge base for people looking to simplify their wiring for custom builds.

Thanks in advance to all you cool people helping out DIY dudes such as myself and I look forward to getting to know you all!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome, post pictures

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, post pictures
Thanks! Here are some photos of the bike. First is how I got it from the PO. Looks alright in a photo, but all that black is really crappy fake carbon fiber vinyl. Second I was mocking up the ducktail fender and solo seat. Third is the fender mounted and the new licence plate/stop light bracket. Last is the kraken I unleashed when I went to remove the crappy Chinese speedo the PO put on that didn't even work. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Auto part Wire Engine

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Super clean scoot geezer! Yeah I got to ride the rebel for about a week before I made the decision to fix the wiring and I really liked it even though it's so small. It's plenty peppy around town but starts to run out of steam quick on the highway. Could just be the carbs need fiddled with. It starts to sputter and backfire going downhill which leads me to believe the float needs adjusted. Might as well clean it all out while i'm in there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts