Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking here for some time, and decided to join up. Looks like a lot of good info here. I've also been on the VJMOG forum for quite a while.

I have a '71 CL350K3 that was a barn bike from 1975 till 2009. I've been working on it for over a year off and on, and have been riding it for a little over a week now. It took a while because I was also working on a '64 Triumph TR6/R at the same time (kind of bouncing back and forth between projects). I also recently bought a '70 CB450 in halfway decent shape, but it will need work. Here are some before and after pictures of the CL350:

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Nice work! At the risk of starting another redundant thread I'd like to hear what technique you used to clean the inside of the tank.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard. :D

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically, I used electrolysis and then POR-15. That's probably described here somewhere already. I posted a pretty detailed description (with pictures) on the VJMOG Forum. Here is a link to that. It is a long posting, scroll down towards the end.

http://www.vjmog.com/ftopict-6711.html

(Hope I don't get busted for a link to another forum. If I am in error here, I guess the moderator will let me know).

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
"(Hope I don't get busted for a link to another forum. If I am in error here, I guess the moderator will let me know)."

....A link to any appropriate information is fine (with me)..... :D

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O.K., thanks, 66 -- I didn't want to get thrown out when I've only been here a couple days.

BTW, since I got my CL350 running, I finally understand what you mean by, "It is WAY more fun to be at WOT on a small engined bike (as opposed to riding a monster engined bike only slightly above idle) .... "66" ..."

I had read that many times in poking around here, and was not sure I agreed. I do now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts