Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I live in Brooklyn, but I'm from Milwaukee, where I visit a lot. I have some old bikes there also. I've recently bought a cb450k2 1969 that runs nice, but the clutch is grabbing at the end. I ordered a new clutch plate and spring kit, so I'm gonna install that soon. Also I'm planning on putting cb450k1 side panels, and tank on the bike. I have all the parts, so I'll fill you in as I go. the tank needs to be painted and rust removed, so it will take a little time since I'm very busy w work.

I also have some other cb450/cl450 projects I'm working on that I picked up not running. 1968 cl450, and 2 cb450ko's. I may be willing to sell some of these projects since I now have a nice running cb450k2. email me if interested. pics will come in a week or 2.

Thanks,
Hdog

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
625 Posts
I remember seeing that mint green bike on Craigslist. I'm in Greenpoint, maybe I'll see you around.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
If that tank has a screw cap, as opposed to flip-up, it is correct (and rare) for late 1969. It was a transition part when Honda was updating the tank, deleting the chrome panels and having the new logo. Hold onto it!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello from Lansing. Very cool bikes! I'm from Green Bay originally. Don't forget everyone back in the badger. Go pack... Or is it the giants now?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it's the screw top, thanks for the heads up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts