Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys (and girls),
Hello here from Belgium. I am finishing a basket case rescue on a CJ360T. Well, the frame is from a CJ250T, the engine a CJ360T, and the whole lot came in my hands about 9 years ago in boxes. Some parts were double, others were completely missing, and even the frame had already been chopped up (rear section removed) by the previous owner, prior to abandoning the project.
I managed to put the engine together after swapping the head (broken camshaft and heavily eroded rockers), and with some delays due to two girls being born and a busy job, I had my first ride today. For 500m. Untill the poor adjustement on the clutch stopped me. but it rode!

I can't say the bike is in good condition, I can't even say it is well done, as this is my first project of this type, but I had a blast doing it, and I know the bike inside out by now. I'll upload a few pictures later, but a few things are unfinished : no lights yet (I custom made a wiring loom from scratch, that part is yet to be done), no gauges yet, no mufflers yet, and the seat needs redoing (I am basically building a seat as all original mounting points were removed by the previous owner).

I will keep you updated, and hope to learn lots here.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Welcome.. looking forward to the photos... glad to hear you made positive progress.. most just give up, like the previous owner

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Welcome to the group. Lots of help here as you take on the various tasks you have ahead of you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts