Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Just got my first motorcycle yesterday, and as its a 1984 Honda CB450SC, I figured it would be a good idea to make an account on here.

Just a bit about me I guess, I’ve wanted a bike for the better part of 5 years now, and Im finally in a position where getting one was financially viable, so a month ago I took the MSF, got my license, and just yesterday took ownership of a nearly mint 1984 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk.

Pic of my new baby: https://i.imgur.com/6BMykuI.jpg

I call it my baby, even though its 10 years older than me. I’ve only had an hour of time in the seat but I’m already in love. She runs great, no rust or damage, nice and comfy, and a good amount of power for a beginner like me.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes indeed, pretty bike !
Watch out for all those other road warriors !
Gotta watch 'em every second, front, back, and both sides. Be ready for evasive maneuvers !
Best,

·
Registered
138 Posts
Cool! Welcome!

Yeah definitely never let your guard down. And idk if they go over this in the class, but really focus on your temperament, now, cause you will be surrounded by freaking idiots and its easy to forget that you signed up for this inevitability when situations get intense. By the time it's happened its time to be looking for the next danger situation, not dwelling on it.

Haha sorry for the discouraging post and lecture you prob don't need, OldTwinsRock just got me thinking.

I'm a new member too but wanted to extend a warm welcome and happy riding! Start racking up those hours before it's frozen solid up there!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
^^^but when you consider that your life, literally, could depend on it, it's not a lecture. You can't just stare straight ahead like in a car, you have to be scanning your field of vision at all times, looking for things moving - whether people, vehicles, animals, or even just wheels moving beneath/behind a parked vehicle in a parking lot, because any of them might end up in front of you in seconds or less. You have to watch at least a quarter mile ahead because those you are approaching may not know you're coming (regardless of your headlight being on) and even if they do, they will not likely judge your approaching speed properly. When you see turn signals, you have to take every single one of them seriously, even if it doesn't look like they realize their turn signal is on. And when you see any vehicle approaching you, you have to assume they might do something that could affect you, even if it doesn't appear they're going to do anything. In our situation, you just can't recognize and react to things quickly enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts