Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a scooter rider that is moving on to bikes. I purchased a '73 CB350G a couple months ago and I just purchased a '71 CL350 this week.

I'm completely new to working on engines. That is part of the reason I wanted an older bike, because it will force me to learn. I'd love to find a very comprehensive project log. It doesn't have to be for one of my bikes, but it would be nice. I'm going through the logs now, but it is quite tedious. A lot of people gloss over steps that I would love to see.

I have the shop manual and some really good friends, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can on my own before I invite my friends over to show me how to turn the petcock on... if you know what I mean.

Thanks everyone and I love the site :)
I'll get pics up once I get the second bike in the garage

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Welcome to the site. Don't be shy about asking questions. There's not much about these bikes that the collective mass here hasn't encountered. Feel free to start a project log to document your progress.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome. Take a look at Leethal's project log. It's pretty in depth and he's doing an amazing job.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
IndieSol...Lee's bike is a 360, not a 350......Not everything will apply..... Similar, but not the same....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sprint,

The poster stated he was just looking for a comprehensive project log. He also stated it didn't have to be for the same bike. Leethal's is the most comprehensive that came to mind at the moment.

I'll go back in the basement now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to turn on notifications :)

Thanks for the replies and tips. My plan is to move to San Diego by August of this year, so once it gets warm I'll be really digging into both bikes. I want to clean up the 71 CL350 and steal it's exhaust for the 73 CB350. The 71 will be cleaned up and sold with the CB exhaust. The 73 will be a brat-cafe. Lots to do. I have a 2.5 car un-insulated garage here and it's currently 12 degrees outside. Sucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.