Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

New member here from the Midwest. I'm currently working my way through engineering school and working as a mechatronics engineer for a powersports drivetrain company. I have lurked ever since I rolled my CB350 into my garage, but I figured I had better join now that I have a few questions that I can't search up! I'm excited to be here, seems like there is a lot of knowledgeable people on here willing to share. I'm also a member of the vintage mustang forum under the name Greenstang_68, so I'm at least familiar with the standard forum format and environment.

I've attached photos of the bike I'm working on with my dad and my sister, as well as the Mustang I worked on. We picked up the CB350 from a neighbor that bought it new in the '70s. It has low miles (just shy of 11,000) and last ran in the '90s. So far it is cleaning up really well, not a show bike by any stretch, but in amazingly good shape for it's age. We hope we can get the bike running and driving and teach my sister how to turn wrenches in the process. She is quite bright (currently working on her master's degree in hydrology) but she has never worked on anything mechanical before so this ought to be a good project for her.

Hope I can learn a lot and maybe even contribute a bit here, thanks everyone!
IMG_20190526_140226.jpg IMG_20190526_140217.jpg IMG_20190526_143916.jpg IMG_1496.jpg IMG_1477.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Ford, welcome to the forum!
That CB looks like it’ll clean up real well.
Sounds like fun teaming up with your sister and dad. Be sure to get her a gift card to the local nail salon for participation in the restoration.
And that green mustang....takes me back.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, thats like the third gold cb350 this week i think! Glad to have ya here, awesome workin with your Dad and Sister. As soon as i read 68 Ford, took me back to my 428fe in a 67shortbox. Them were great times, yeah buddy!! And i see you know how to post pics too, A+ for you

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Nice cars - welcome to the forum where all nice stuff like that is appreciated, as you can already see. I grew up with a father who did auto body work and was a Ford guy, we had our share of stuff that you wish were still around later in life - like this '65 Falcon 289 4 speed my Dad rebuilt from a total

scan0138.jpg

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oh man what a garage you guys have! There was a beautifully faded 1968 red Ford Mustang Fastback 289 parked across from my high school everyday. Your pic reminds me of it. I wanted so bad to sell my Dodge so so bad and buy that instead. My dad's a Mopar man and never would have allowed it though ha. Good luck on the 350! I'm always happy that there are so many gear heads with great tastes in MN!

Nice Fairlane ancientdad!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Nice Fairlane ancientdad!
well first, I'm the 10 year old in the picture next to my Mom... it was my Dad's rebuilt total that he sold to make money back then so it's been long gone since '67 after we drove the finished car to MI on vacation the year before - but it's a Falcon (not a Fairlane) :D

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Had a 68 coupe similar to that through high school. Wasn't as nice.. got a 65 2+2 in the gararge now.. still not as nice..
welcome.. keep us posted on the bike.. take lots of pics..

·
Registered
148 Posts
but it's a Falcon (not a Fairlane) :D
my mistake! And you even said Falcon. The education system may have failed me haha. Being raised by a Mopar nut can make you ignorant of Ford and GM distinctions. They were all "Muskrats" or "Pontiwrecks" in our household haha

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
well, there's always Found On Road Dead or one my Dad used to say - "Chevrolet, Chevrolet, drive a mile and let it lay"

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Ford, welcome to the forum!
That CB looks like it’ll clean up real well.
Sounds like fun teaming up with your sister and dad. Be sure to get her a gift card to the local nail salon for participation in the restoration.
And that green mustang....takes me back.
Thanks Mr. Mike, glad to be here. I hear that about the mustang a lot, everyone remembers one from back in the day. That's my favorite thing about the car, all the memories it brings back for people.

Hello and welcome to the forum, thats like the third gold cb350 this week i think! Glad to have ya here, awesome workin with your Dad and Sister. As soon as i read 68 Ford, took me back to my 428fe in a 67shortbox. Them were great times, yeah buddy!! And i see you know how to post pics too, A+ for you
Sounds like a nice truck, although that 428 had to drink gas like crazy!

Nice cars - welcome to the forum where all nice stuff like that is appreciated, as you can already see. I grew up with a father who did auto body work and was a Ford guy, we had our share of stuff that you wish were still around later in life - like this '65 Falcon 289 4 speed my Dad rebuilt from a total
Looks like a nice falcon, that little car had to move pretty well with a 289 and a four speed. Always liked the falcons, I'm helping a neighbor down the street work on his '63. The PO had butchered the old 170 in it, so I gave him the 200 that came out of my mustang (I swapped it to a 302 with a five speed transmission).

Oh man what a garage you guys have! There was a beautifully faded 1968 red Ford Mustang Fastback 289 parked across from my high school everyday. Your pic reminds me of it. I wanted so bad to sell my Dodge so so bad and buy that instead. My dad's a Mopar man and never would have allowed it though ha. Good luck on the 350! I'm always happy that there are so many gear heads with great tastes in MN!
Thanks, our garage didn't always look that nice. Took about five years for that green mustang to be more than a pile of rust. If I had a lot more money there'd be a Mopar product in there too!

Had a 68 coupe similar to that through high school. Wasn't as nice.. got a 65 2+2 in the gararge now.. still not as nice..
welcome.. keep us posted on the bike.. take lots of pics..
Will do, I hope the CB can join the ranks of the running and driving soon!

Welcome to the group! Nice cars, but really nice 350. That seat is in nice shape, tells a lot about the whole bike.

You properly know what you are doing, but here is something to help you:

https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/5...st-new-you-old-bike.html#/topics/18505?page=1
Thanks for the resource, I actually read through that while I was still lurking. The CB has cleaned up really well, I just like the dusty photos! I'll attach a picture of the seat after cleaning, it looks brand new. I know the PO pretty well, and I'm honestly very surprised that the bike is as nice as it is considering where it was and how it was stored.

Thanks everyone, seems like a great community and I'm happy to be here. Glad you can all appreciate some of the other fine things in life!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts