Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 1976 CB500T, and I would like to put the head light switch on the bucket using a toggle switch, there are three wires coming out of the headlight Blue for highbeams Green for power I think and White for low beam. I don't want the high beam, just a switch to turn on the light. I am guessing its gona be a little more complicated than just throwing the switch in there. Is it even possible. My thought was to put the switch on the green wire. It looks like it comes straight from the selenium rectifier, would that be the power wire?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Green is ground. I forget which is high and low but you will need to have power to the green and one of the others.
Don

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn that was easy! after you said I will need power. I remember reading on here about an unused brown wire, hooked the switch to that and the white (low beam) wire and it worked. Thanks so much. Next I am trying to use a toggle switch for the turn signals so I can get rid of the original handlebar controls and just have a toggle switch for the signals on there. I ordered a lever set from lowbrow to use for the clutch and the triumph drum I am tryin to fit on the front.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You can use a DPDT center off toggle switch..... Hook both center terminals to power wire (black) both ends of one side to brown (taillight) and the blue and white go to opposite ends of the other side
Lights off when in center position, on (tail and low ) in one "on" position, High and tail in the other....

NEVER hook power (Battery positive) to ANY green wire...........

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is a fantastic idea!!! would a DPDT center off toggle work for the turn signals also?

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
You can replace the battery with an electrolytic capacitor, but they still will run better with a battery...............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts