Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a replacement headlight for my 1971 cb350 after my last one burnt out. The light is the exact same as my old one, off of a 71 cb350 and same model # Stanley Sealed Beam printed on it. I have the replacement on the bike, connected just like the last one was, Green wire, blue wires, and white wire, but it only works when the key is turned to Park. The bike runs and rides but no headlight unless i turn the key to the "park" setting. I have both Hi & Lo beam on park, nothing in run. "I don't get it, Big Dan." any ideas greatly appreciated!

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
When the key is in the "park" position, ONLY the taillight should be on....However, some models had an unused Brown wire with a female connector on it in the headlight shell that WOULD receive power when in the "park" switch position. (Euro front parking bulb)........If your lights/light switches were accidently hooked to that as a power source wire, it would create the situation you have.... I'll go over wiring diagrams again later tonight....

Corrected due to referencing the 360 diagram ( your group name confused me)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When took my old headlight off this black wire came unplugged, so I plugged it back in, hooked up the new headlight, and then I had the problem. I went back last night and looked, and that "black" female wire i plugged into wasnt black it was.. drumroll.... BROWN! TA-DAAA! it just had schmutz and dirt and grease on it. i had to wipe off the "black" to see that it was indeed the brown wire. I found correct Black home for the black wire, and left the brown wire unplugged. Problem solved, You Da MAN! thanks so much!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts