Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the stock headlight with a common motor one that is great but it is made out of metal and the old one plastic. What I think is happening is the wires inside are hitting the sides when I ride and it is making noise. I was thinking a spray foam insulation of some time on the inside to dampen it.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Weirdest thing I have heard of.
Get a plastic one, tie wrap the wires in the bucket, plasi dip the inside?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not 100% sure what it is yet, but thought since its in for the winter I might try something. Good ideas all.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I would not use insulation foam. That stuff is nasty and is a PITA is get rid of once it's cured.
If anything just cut up some foam strips and stuff them in there.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Did you do CMC's LED? The driver in LEDs will sometimes make a buzzing noise, even the fanless ones. In my experience, nothing really to be done about it short of replacing it - it's a defective piece of the LED. When I used do building LED installs, we'd have 2 or 3 drivers per 20,000 square feet that would start to do that, and we'd just swap em and be done with it.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I would check the magnetic flux coupler on the hyper drive unit myself.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
LMAO you guys.

FWIW my headlight actually DOES make a whirring noise when the bike is first turned on. Ok ok it's the LED fan kicking on but damn it does sound kinda cool and sci-ifi :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts