Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to start the body work and I would really like to replace the headlight ears as mine both have bends in them. I would go with aftermarket as long as I can find a way to attach the upper part of the fork boots. Any suggestions to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Terry

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Please go to the User Control Panel and update your signature to show your year/model, your location, and your real name (if you don't mind).

Generally, the stock fork ears will be required to attach the upper fork boots.......

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After doing more research, I think I will get aftermarket fork boots and some sort of replacement headlight mounting ears as my forks were very clean in the area between the mounts I see lots of boots on eBay for $12.00 a pair that are PVC. Anyone use these or is there a better choice? Omar's has a set but I don't know if they will fit without the stock ears.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm planning the same setup you are talking about. I don't have the ears in front of me, but I think the "ring" part of the ear is welded to the tube cover. This ring would be the inside part of the two-piece ring that holds the boot on. I'm thinking I'll try cutting the ring away from the ear and using the stock boots and rings without the ears. Haven't tried it yet, just thinking. Let me know what you do, and what headlight brackets and boots you use.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm still looking for parts on it. I checked with Robert Ward at Omar's and the boots he sells for 29.95 will fit the sliders and the top will clamp to the fork tube.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked the construction of the ears and I don't think that will work as the top of the tube is an integral part of what holds everything together. I'm going with the easy solution and getting Omar's rubber boots as Robert said they are a good fit for our forks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts