Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, recently purchased a 1979 CM400t. Earlier I was trying to install rear turn signals but when I was fiddling with the wiring, I noticed when I would bump the wires that connect the tail light to the rest of the wiring the tail light would go out. The previous owner wrapped the wires with electrical tape, so upon removing that I noticed that the wires were just stripped and pinched, not even twisted, just pinched together. So for a quick fix, I twisted them together and with as much bumping it wouldn't flicker at all. With everything tapped up, I pressed the rear brake pedal a few times to make sure it still engaged, my tail light and headlight instantly turned off. Now when the ignition is on, I have no power to my two lights or my electrical start.
Any advice will help as I am new to motorcycles and was sold a piece of trash electrical.
Thank you

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
Check fuses.........IF burnt out, something is incorrectly connected........

22 to go.......

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Hi guys, recently purchased a 1979 CM400t. Earlier I was trying to install rear turn signals but when I was fiddling with the wiring, I noticed when I would bump the wires that connect the tail light to the rest of the wiring the tail light would go out. The previous owner wrapped the wires with electrical tape, so upon removing that I noticed that the wires were just stripped and pinched, not even twisted, just pinched together. So for a quick fix, I twisted them together and with as much bumping it wouldn't flicker at all. With everything tapped up, I pressed the rear brake pedal a few times to make sure it still engaged, my tail light and headlight instantly turned off. Now when the ignition is on, I have no power to my two lights or my electrical start.
Any advice will help as I am new to motorcycles and was sold a piece of trash electrical.
Thank you
You need to follow forum rules and take a look at this, then post your Introduction to the community

1 - 3 of 3 Posts