Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again!

A have a strange problem. Out of the blue my head fuse 15A blows - When I change it the fuse blows right away. 3 og 4 fuses in less than 1 minute... It is not at hiogh rev - or low... Other times i can ride the bike for hours whitout any problem. There is a small box that should prevent the bike overcharging - i son't know the english word for it... It looks OK - but than again it's hard to see if it's broke inside...

Any surgestions..?

Ebbe
Denmark

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
If the fuse blows immediately, you have a short to ground in a power wire (If it is intermittant, it is likely a small nick or cut in a wire that sometimes vibrates and shorts out...) the juncture where the switch wires go in and out of the handlebars are likely spots, and may not be immediately visable (could be inside the switch unit)
Check all the Black wires on the bike...a partially exposed push-in connector is also a likely cause....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK thanks... I will try to disassamble the handlebars and look in to it... Why all the black wires..?

Ebbe

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Black wires (the smaller gauge ones) are the "powered when key is on" wiring...The short should be somewhere between the headlight fuse and the headlight itself......If it was anywhere else, other fuses would be failing......It is not uncommon for the fuses to fail due to improper replacement (SAE instead of metric) but this is unlikely-er where you live......
Note that if this only happens when the lights are on, it could also be the white or blue wires between the switch and the headlight........

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK - maybee i haven't expl. it properly - it is the main-fuse not the light fuse...

There are 3 fuses: Two 7A for light and one 15A for the rest... It is the 15A that blows...

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
In that case, check the Black wires and Red wires......The recharging system does not usually "backfeed" to the rest of the bike except through the battery unless the regulator is internally shorted.... (The charging current goes directly to the battery in an non-fused Red wire)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK 66Sprint... In that case you think it is the regulator (the one that prevents the bike overcharging?)

I have had a bike-mecanic to check my problem - and he ment he solved it - something about a short at the positionlight holder. But that didn't help. It still blows the 15A main fuse...

Ebbe - the man with the bike that blows fuses as fast as they are changed...!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts