Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I have the head off my cb350k, looking at the cool slot from the front of the head to the back side of the exhaust port.
Would opening this up for more flow be a problem or not.
See pointer at the spot I was thinking of opening up,
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
11,063 Posts
If you're talking about opening a hole in the direction of your pointer, you'd be going directly into the cam chain tunnel where engine oil would come out of the hole you make. Otherwise, you'll need to clarify what you mean by "opening up"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're talking about opening a hole in the direction of your pointer, you'd be going directly into the cam chain tunnel where engine oil would come out of the hole you make. Otherwise, you'll need to clarify what you mean by "opening up"
Hi, no not towards the cam tunnel, back towards the valve area where it looks like there is plenty of metal. Opening it up, not a hugh lot just opening up the same sort of shape
Cheers

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
No, you're right I withdraw. Must have been thinking of a different engine, I was thinking of short fins that are in an area that contains oil, can't remember which engine that was though. Sorry.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, you're right I withdraw. Must have been thinking of a different engine, I was thinking of short fins that are in an area that contains oil, can't remember which engine that was though. Sorry.
That's cool, got to kick these things around a bit.. Thanks for reply anyway. Cheers

·
Registered
620 Posts
I don't see it making a difference to the cooling and on an engine design like the 350 the amount of material to act like a heat sink around the exhaust valve is a factor.
Keeping the engine fins clean and clear of debris is the most important to engine cooling ... well that and not running low on oil.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
A little heat isn't a bad thing. Too much heat isn't good either. You planning on doing long days in the hot desert? If not I would say leave it alone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts