Honda Twins banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A HUGE buzz going around the midwest here about the upcoming Hawk Auction.... thousands of 60-70's Honda NOS parts, literature, signage, and clean parts bikes. There also are some Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawa parts but the majority of the auction is honda. It'll be a 2-day event just to get through the parts! I'm attending, so email me if you want to meet-up. danWI

heres info:
The Hawk Collection
Motorcycle Auction
FRIDAY, JANUARY 16 & SATURDAY, JANUARY 17, 2009

http://www.sullivanauctioneers.com/01.1 ... ction.html

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Hey GB -

It's too far for me to drive, but if you do go, could you keep your eyes peeled for one of those HondaLine luggage racks for a CB450 K1-K4 ??
You know, they used tubular steel, with two legs that mounted to the forward bolts of the taillight mounts, and also connected to the upper shock mounts.
NOT the ones for K5-K7, as they were set up to go around the grab bar, which my bike doesn't have, and the turn signals are different too.
I'll make it good to you, try to keep it $75 or less????

bill

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going but NOT with a bank note! I am assuming every big Ebay seller will be there to snap up the parts lots. We will see these parts on ebay within months. I'm attending for the auction action.... and maybe i can slip one of the 450 tanks into my coat pocket? :roll:

Please note there is also an ONLINE AUCTION running at the same time as the live auction. I am not sure if this will mean "live auction items are availabe to online bidders during auction" or " online items are being auctioned online during live auction". I'll have to check. danWI

Bill: I may know the whereabouts of some luggage... I'll send you a message

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
My bet on the auction is that the items will be available to online bidders just like Barret Jackson. I doubt they throw things together into lots. The parts will bring the money they want if they sell them one at a time. There may be small lots but every tank, seat, exhaust will go by itself if you ask me.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for that rack, K1-K4 models. Check.

I'm trying REAL hard NOT to pull out a 401K loan... :lol:

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What does Barret Jackson refer to? not familiar with that one....

There are approx. 100 exhaust sets alone, and probably that many gas tanks too, and then theres the boxes of NOS parts (both Honda and Yamaha) and parts bikes. Figure approx. 10 minutes per auction (from set-up, intro speech, bidding, final bids call)... It'll be a LOONNGGGGGG day if they plan to sell item by item! but i'm speculating, we'll see. danWI

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Dan -

I've been to plenty of auctions - believe me, they don't take ten minutes per item, not even close.
Some items may only last 20 or 30 seconds, rarely longer than a couple of minutes, if there are a lot of bidders......
They'd never get done otherwise.
Even at car auctions, they keep things moving pretty fast, and these are $10K items. They'll move a hundred cars in just a few hours.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hope you're right Bill! I talked to PolishBeer-Jordan last night and he's coming out to the auction too. Anyone coming out, look for us in DOHC 450 t-shirts. This is going to be F-U-N-! danWI

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just discovered day 2 (sat.) of the Auction Catalog has been posted and bids being taken! Check it out here: http://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=16657

for some reason, day 1 (Fri) doesnt seem to be posted.... I don't see the yamaha/kawa/suzuki NOS parts listed so there must be more to come yet.

now aint THIS getting exciting?!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Bird76Mojo said:
Bill I sent you a PM about that rack. Thought I might have found something but I'm not sure if it's K0 specific?? I know you're needing K1-K4..

GB :mrgreen:

Thanks for the link, but Bomber stuff won't work......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts