Honda Twins banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, has anyone ordered blanks online for their CM200T? I just purchased my first motorcycle but the previous owner only had 1 key. I went to a locksmith in NYC but the key they made didn't fit. They will cut a blank if I can find one but I haven't had much luck searching. Any help would be much appreciated.

prax
CT
1980 Honda CM200T

·
Sensei
26,360 Posts
Not sure it will work on your CM 200, but my locksmith had no trouble using an ILCO XB4 blank and it works perfectly on my Honda Shadow 750......
IF the blank will insert into the lock, it SHOULD be able to be cut for it......

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
You don't need to get a duplicate key made. You can buy an original key for your lock from eBay or other places. You need to look at the code engraved on your lock. Using that code you can buy the key. I believe you can get the original key from your Honda dealer as well using the lock code.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The key that was made is thinner than the original one. It does not turn when inserted.

An original key would be great but I haven't been brave enough to do any dismantling just yet.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I had no trouble with my local locksmith making a duplicate key for my bike. Try them first.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I bought blanks online and had a locksmith cut them for me. They didn't carry a blank that would fit it. Worked great. I think I paid $5 for the blanks and $2 a key for cutting. It seems you may already have a few other solutions but I figured I would add my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought blanks online and had a locksmith cut them for me. They didn't carry a blank that would fit it. Worked great. I think I paid $5 for the blanks and $2 a key for cutting. It seems you may already have a few other solutions but I figured I would add my 2 cents.
Did those blanks work after cut by a locksmith, mine are not working.Please share your thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
10,316 Posts
Did those blanks work after cut by a locksmith, mine are not working.Please share your thoughts.
Did you get yours cut by the locksmith in Alpharetta that you linked? or are you just advertising for them? Just curious, considering you said the keys aren't working

·
Registered
119 Posts
Maybe I just lucked out, but when I bought my CM400t, the PO had only one key to give me. I was all set to go online with the code I got from under the gas cap, but on a whim I went to the local hardware store. He had a blank that looked like an original Honda blank, and cut me a new key from my existing one in just a few minutes. Before I left the store, I checked it in the ignition, gas cap and helmet lock and everything worked great. Total came to a little more than three bucks. And because it actually looks like a Honda key (unlike the one I got with the bike), I use it as my main key and keep the one I got with the bike as my spare.

Bottom line: check your local hardware store if you haven't already.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I believe I ordered a blank from eBay and then had it cut at Ace Hardware too, was cheap. And easy.

·
Super Moderator
10,316 Posts
Ace hardware is also a great choice, we don't have that store near that's the reason we have got it done from locksmith orlando store.
Please check your Conversations as below

1 - 19 of 19 Posts