Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my floats was bad so I bought this kit and used everything except the jet needle, collar and set screw. I soaked the carb bodies over night in the Berryman chem-dip. When I pulled the left side carb out I found the tiny O-ring and washer. I never found the ones from the right side, which was the one that was flooding the worse and cylinder not firing. Wasn't quite sure where they went so I looked up on the carb diagram to see they went behind the idle mixture screw. I have them ready to go I hope. I'll be setting tappet clearance next and putting the head covers back on when the new gaskets come. Then re-time it and probably compression check again. Hopefully it will be good and close to the same side to side. Back to my first ? has anyone used the whole kits and were happy with the results? I could tell someone had been into these carbs and I wanted new parts, oh yea the idle mixture screws from before, one was brass and one was steel.

·
Registered
545 Posts
It's a crapshoot with any aftermarket carb kit. The brass pieces are often not built to the correct specs. Re-use as many of the factory Honda parts as possible. All that said, if you need parts and you can't/won't get factory stuff, do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I think this topic has already been discussed. I commented on kits/carbs I've used..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts