Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help finding this valve Oring part # 14733-230-000 Anyone know where to get. I've tried a couple places (part not available). I'm in trouble if I can't find this.

Thanks
LGR

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I would just find an O-ring of similar size and use it. Besides, after seeing so many CB 350's with perfect EX valve guides and other engines with junk EX valve guides I do not install EX guide seals unless the customer wants them.
TOOLS

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Plain rubber o-rings don't like the heat you find in a cylinder head.Viton or silicone material will work a lot better.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. Any suggestions on what I can sub for 14733-230-000. It looks to be rubber as well, unless they use something else and just call it rubber for simplicity. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Hi Tools, you serious about the o-ring on the exhaust valve? I have a 175K6, this wont cause any issues? Thanks
I have quit putting valveguide seals on exhaust valves unless the customer wants them. I started doing this after noticing how the exhaust valve guides would be worn out on engines that had seals and how little wear the exhaust valve guides would have on the CB350s that did not have valve guide seals.
TOOLS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts