Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question came up in another thread about how I repaired the locating pin on the handlebar switch gear. Here are some pictures.

Sometimes the locating pins get broken and sometimes people cut them off when they don't want to drill a hole in the handlebar. For whatever reason, if that happens the locating pin can be easily replaced with a "roll pin".

Here is what the stock pin looks like in place.

The pins are usually removable as seen in this picture. If you have an existing hole like this one then it will take a larger roll pin. If you have a small roll pin then you can drill a smaller hole inside the larger hole and go all the way through. It will be on the bottom side of the switch gear and won't be visible.

Here is a picture of the roll pins. As you can see, there is a slit on the roll pin. This allows the hole to be driledl slightly smaller than the roll pin and the pin will compress when tapped into place and provide a very tight fit, almost as good as a press fit. This is an example of different sizes. The pins can be cut to any length you want.

Hope this helps.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tbpmusic said:
I think this should be a "sticky".......
Well, if you think it will help I think I have the power to do that. :) I'll give it a shot.

Znabb said:
Great help Mike. Now I understand. Good thinking.
Excellent, I got your PM and I'm glad it will help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts