Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My 450K1 currently has clubman bars, which to my mind look like droopy dogs ears. Apart from that the setup with the new looong cables I just got, is not very ergonomic - the brake lever sticks up almost vertically and teh switches are under the grip.

In looking for a replacement I wanted something wuite flat adn have been considering the bars of a CB400F. I think these will fit and have a 1.5" rise, 3" pullback and are 27-28" wide (opinions vary) - if all my info is correct.

Now I saw a post from Znaab whcih showed original K1 high bars at 410mm wide (16.14"). Surely that can't be right; it's not much wider than a ruler!

Anyway, my question is, "Has anyone tried the 400/4 bars?"

Stay well.

Sean

·
Registered
460 Posts
You may want to try putting the clubmans with the rise coming up instead of drooping down. I had originally put clubmans down low on my cb450sc and it sucked for maneuverability and ergonomics. One day I flipped them over and suddenly I had much better ergos and was able to ride for more than 20 minutes without having my hands go numb.

Different bikes, and I know it wasn't what you are asking, but I thought I'd suggest this anyway.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks HamHock.

I sort of half-heartedly tried that but wasn't too impressed. Still, I'll have another look at it.

Sean

·
Registered
756 Posts
The low-rise 400F or euro bars would do the trick.

To each his own, but I personally can't stand to see clubmans mounted upside down -- and there is a whole pack of folks who will argue until the sun comes up that that is the way they are supposed to be mounted in the first place.

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just put clubman bars on my 71 CB350 and I love them. I cut an inch off each end, and drilled holes for the electricals and fished the wires through the bars - which was kind of a bitch but really paid off well (I think).

Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part Engine Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part Tachometer

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys.

I love the bike, Dad; sadly my resurrection looks nothing like that.

Your bars look wider than mine James. Mine barely clear the instruments.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

The first pic, taken on the day I brought him home, made me think it looked like an "Old Daggha Boy" - and old male African Buffalo. It looks a bit better now.

400F bars it is then; off to order.

Sean

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I think clubman bars are meant to be installed fairly flat, with the curved portion circling the instruments. Other than flipping them over and using them like Z bars, that's the most comfortable position. I hate to see people riding with clubmans rotated downward, the grips almost below the headlight. Of course, all clubmans don't have the same bend, either. Here's my 350 at a ride-in show.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Mode of transport

1 - 10 of 10 Posts