Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My 450K1 currently has clubman bars, which to my mind look like droopy dogs ears. Apart from that the setup with the new looong cables I just got, is not very ergonomic - the brake lever sticks up almost vertically and teh switches are under the grip.

In looking for a replacement I wanted something wuite flat adn have been considering the bars of a CB400F. I think these will fit and have a 1.5" rise, 3" pullback and are 27-28" wide (opinions vary) - if all my info is correct.

Now I saw a post from Znaab whcih showed original K1 high bars at 410mm wide (16.14"). Surely that can't be right; it's not much wider than a ruler!

Anyway, my question is, "Has anyone tried the 400/4 bars?"

Stay well.

Sean

·
Registered
459 Posts
You may want to try putting the clubmans with the rise coming up instead of drooping down. I had originally put clubmans down low on my cb450sc and it sucked for maneuverability and ergonomics. One day I flipped them over and suddenly I had much better ergos and was able to ride for more than 20 minutes without having my hands go numb.

Different bikes, and I know it wasn't what you are asking, but I thought I'd suggest this anyway.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks HamHock.

I sort of half-heartedly tried that but wasn't too impressed. Still, I'll have another look at it.

Sean

·
Registered
756 Posts
The low-rise 400F or euro bars would do the trick.

To each his own, but I personally can't stand to see clubmans mounted upside down -- and there is a whole pack of folks who will argue until the sun comes up that that is the way they are supposed to be mounted in the first place.

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just put clubman bars on my 71 CB350 and I love them. I cut an inch off each end, and drilled holes for the electricals and fished the wires through the bars - which was kind of a bitch but really paid off well (I think).

bars.jpg

bars2.jpg

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys.

I love the bike, Dad; sadly my resurrection looks nothing like that.

Your bars look wider than mine James. Mine barely clear the instruments.
Day 1.JPG Day 2.jpg

The first pic, taken on the day I brought him home, made me think it looked like an "Old Daggha Boy" - and old male African Buffalo. It looks a bit better now.

400F bars it is then; off to order.

Sean

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I think clubman bars are meant to be installed fairly flat, with the curved portion circling the instruments. Other than flipping them over and using them like Z bars, that's the most comfortable position. I hate to see people riding with clubmans rotated downward, the grips almost below the headlight. Of course, all clubmans don't have the same bend, either. Here's my 350 at a ride-in show.

IMG_2905 (53).jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts