Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

The handlebar mounts or pipe-holders seem to have uneven hieghts (reminds me of the mounting caps for the front axle). Which side should the gap be on...front or back?

Here’s a pic of the gap I’m talking about. I have one gap in the front on the left, and one gap facing the back on the right.

Thanks!
Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
The thick side goes forward, same as fork caps. Honestly I had to look it up. CB750_56 Front axle holders.jpg

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s kinda what I was thinking. Thanks! I am going to to it that way. Seems to make the most sense.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I think caps like that on Hondas all have triangular 'arrowheads' near one of the bolt holes, I think the handlebar clamp cap on Master Cylinders have one too, does that arrow point up or down?

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I think caps like that on Hondas all have triangular 'arrowheads' near one of the bolt holes, I think the handlebar clamp cap on Master Cylinders have one too, does that arrow point up or down?
Not all the caps have marks unfortunately and some of the marks are a simple dimple punch. The master cylinder cap arrows I've always assumed pointed up towards the reservoir.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don’t recall seeing an arrow or indicator marks, but there is a good chance I removed them with the wire wheel during clean up. With the gaps facing back of the bike, this issue seems solved. I will update if I have any issues whatsoever.

Thanks again-
Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts