Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have good pics/schematic/parts list for the small parts inside the L & R controls? It’s for my ‘73 CB350G.
L: horn & blinker
R: Starter & headlight

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
These are found at cmsnl.com. Doesn't show specific assembly, but does show the individual parts (or at least the most important)

·
Sensei
27,033 Posts
You could buy replacement levers and buttons, but the actual wiring and switches were only sold as the complete handlebar unit/switch-block.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the sliding plastic block for the blinker is not making the closing the connections. The copper contact is in the back of it, but it looks like I might be missing a spring or something that ensures it closes the L or R blinker circuit then the plastic block slides. Any idea that is supposed to be behind that copper contact?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
A spring and a small bearing ball.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The side towards the rider has a small spring behind the contact whereas the other side has also a spring and a tiny detent ball that keeps the lever in the center. The springs are different but so are the holes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The side towards the rider has a small spring behind the contact whereas the other side has also a spring and a tiny detent ball that keeps the lever in the center. The springs are different but so are the holes.
Thank you! I have the detent ball & spring set. On the driver side, 'Arrow 1' needs a spring on the peg inside the rectangular slot to push the contact out. I dont think the hole for Arrow 2 does anything. Correct?

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thank you! I have the detent ball & spring set. On the driver side, 'Arrow 1' needs a spring on the peg inside the rectangular slot to push the contact out. I dont think the hole for Arrow 2 does anything. Correct?
I would say so if you have the detent ball on the other side and nothing that would indicate any function in the housing as well. I didn't have that hole IIRC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts