Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my bike is a 1975 CL360 and I recently purchased new hand controls I got them from 2 fast moto and they are replicas of the original switches, however I didn’t realize the left switch was the European model with the pass button. I am having trouble wiring them. Both switches have less wires than the original switches and some wires are different colors. I have attached pictures any help appreciated.

I have tried wiring schematics from other reproduction switches online (common motor collective) and the best I have done is headlight on all the time, but high low switch works, turn signals work until clutch cable was attached and grounded the handlebars then they too stopped working, and horn never worked. Pass function works though I never had it originally.

New right switch wires=
Red and black
Brown and white
Green and red
Yellow and red
Black
Black and white

New left switch wires=
Blue
White
Light blue
Orange
Light green
Grey
Yellow black
Black

Old switches never worked right but the differences I see are: Right=no brown and white but blue and navy instead, extra black, yellow and yellow and white(I tied together these two at harness)

Left= no black lead, running light wires. Any help is greatly appreciated I have some knowledge of wiring but very minimal. I have multimeter for testing.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Update, got the turn signals working again by unplugging black wire on left control. Still no headlight, and no horn. E start works too. Kill switch also works. Headlight not on at all now.

·
Registered
971 Posts
You have a multimeter handy? Some of the wire colors can probably be determined by looking at a diagram, but if you want to be 100% sure of things, the solution is to test it yourself.

For each switch and button, you're looking for a setting that reads close to zero resistance when on/pressed and an Open Line when the switch if off/unpressed.

For instance, I strongly suspect that the gray wire on the left switch if the signal main wire, so you should expect to see a very low resistance reading between the gray and the light blue wire when you're signalling right. Likewise, you get no reading at all when the turn signal switch is in the middle or left position.

Make sense?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I have been doing some testing and it seems like I may have a wiring problem other than the hand controls, everything is working except the headlight. When I test the blue and white wires in the headlight bucket I get 3-6v and the on off switch turns it off also the left control switches Voltage from blue to white wire. Any clue why I’m only getting half at best at headlight. I am getting full voltage other places and at battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts