Honda Twins banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
MNellis said:
That CBX sure looks nice. Get yourself a nice GS1000S and you'd have a nice complete set. :D

Funny you should say that, I was kinda looking at a GS1000 in North Eastern Arkansas, when my buddy told me that he k new how I felt about HIS CBX and that he would make me a deal on it if I wanted it. And THAT'S how I ended up buying the CBX. I had already gotten the GPZ and had been in contact with the guy who had the GS Suzuki (and HE was trying to get me to get with him and HE would make me a deal!) I'm not sayin' that I won't end up looking for one to get, but first, I'm going to look at getting me one of those metal prefab carports. enclose it, put a garage (or at least a large) door in it and set things up in there for better storage. Then, I can use my one car garage for shop work. I've got a Super Hawk "Cafe Style" to build. And numerous others to go with. ;)

Discussion starter · #22 ·
HerrDeacon said:
Very, very nice! Great looking bikes Bill.

How would you compare the two bikes in terms of power and ridability?
Thank you, I'm pretty proud of them too! :cool:

Each has their own characteristics. When I went to pickup the GPZ, I hadn't really realized that the handlebars were of that type. Low and short. I was already
beginning to wonder how long I would keep the GPZ. Then I rode it. Soon as I sat on the bike and got comfortably positioned. It wasn't bad at all, as far as the LOW part. I found myself sitting nearly straight up (leaning forward ever so slightly)! I HAVE had to get used to the bars length though, but didn't take as long as I figured. I enjoy Riding the GPZ, but the CBX feels just like a regular bike, til you look down at that engine sticking out on BOTH sides of the frame! AND,as soon as you grab some throttle, bringing that engine to life, You know IMMEDIATELY, it's NOT an everyday motorcycle! They are BOTH pretty powerful, but the GPZ is supposed to be capable of about 150 (speedo registers 160) and has 120hp while the CBX is supposed to be capable of about 130 (registers 85, I believe) Here's some interesting reading, about the CBXs
All i all, the CBX is more of an all around bike and I could be more comfortable with it in about ANY situation. I would describe the GPZ, as feisty! :cool:

http://www.cbxclub.com/davespage/m_test.html

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.