Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, don't go throwin' things, when I show you some photos of my acquirement from an ebay seller. He is in Oklahoma too! About 2yrs away from where I live. By now, I guess you all are saying, "Well, just WHAT did you GET?

Here is the link to the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260455026599&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

And here are the seller's photos:

Just happened to be browsing ebay Last Night and next thing I knew, I just DID it! Going to pick it up Tomorrow! :cool: Gotta say that this has given me an uplift that will help me deal with things. Won't lessen my feelings for Brenda or make me miss her any less. But, the thing is, I had told her before, that the ONLY competition she had was motorcycles and Muscle Cars. Kinda surprised me when I found myself browsing ebay and for motorcycles within about 500miles! I have NEVER gone that way before. It was kinda like she was leading me to something that would help me to move on somewhat, so I could take care of things better. THere'll NEVER be another for me!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Re: Guess I'd Better Put This Here, Where It Belongs.

That's GREAT Bill!! Not a bad looking bike either. It may not replace her in any way, shape or form, but at least it'll give you some smiles..

Enjoy your roadtrip to go get her!! ;)

GB :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts

Nice bike, looks to be in great shape. I have always loved those bikes and would love to pick one up some day. There is one for sale locally but its way beyond my budget :(

Have fun on it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Bird76Mojo said:
That's GREAT Bill!! Not a bad looking bike either. It may not replace her in any way, shape or form, but at least it'll give you some smiles..

Enjoy your roadtrip to go get her!! ;)

You are right GB, itIS a good looking bike, but not anywhere near as good in any way as she was! And it's not to replace her, like you said, but it'll sure help me to be more able to deal with the situation.

Roadtrip went just great! Got on out to Oklahoma, met the seller,had a good visit, learned a few particulars about the bike while I was at it. Before I left, I was given a Battery Tender and a set of tapered bearings that he was going to put on the forks anyway. Bike needs some detailing and a few things could be taken care of, but still is in real good shape though. Starts quick, warms up and then performs great. No complaints here. He said that it always turned heads, when he took it out and It turned some heads, on the way home.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

HerrDeacon said:
Nice bike, looks to be in great shape. I have always loved those bikes and would love to pick one up some day. There is one for sale locally but its way beyond my budget :(

Have fun on it.

I know exactly how you feel. I was the same way, only I finally managed to snag one and am grateful that I could do it. The fellow that I got this one from, has three of those Kaw 900s (2, in various stages of build), a Suzuki Hayabusa and a Sohc 750 Honda (needing a decent engine, his is seized) along with a Kaw 500 triple that is torn down. I had a good time and I think he did as well. All the way home, all I could think of was getting that bike home and really check it out! :cool: ;)

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts

:!:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

otr002 said:
bill440cars said:
Now, don't go throwin' things, when I show you some photos of my acquirement from an ebay seller. He is in Oklahoma too! About 2yrs away from where I live. By now, I guess you all are saying, "Well, just WHAT did you GET?
Wow Captain Kirk is that light years or?

Whoops, I meant to type the word HOURS! :oops: :roll:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Well, I've added another bike that I really didn't expect to. I've got a buddy in Fort Smith (AR) woh , in co nversation on the phone recently, told me he would make me a good deal on his bike, an 80' CBX! I like to have fallen out of my chair! Anyway, I'm supposed to be getting it soon and I have to tell you, I'm looking forward to that one an hope to be able to get on with the Super Hawk as well, shortly (got some more bits for THAT as well. Don't have any photos of the CBX yet, but here are some of one that my buddy used for ideas while detailing his out. Tghe differences between this one and his (or now mine) are his has a stock seat, his engine covers are polished and not finned, his has pods, his exhaust LOOKS like the Kerker. I'll do photos on it as soon as I can, but til then.
Hope you all enjoy, Bill ;)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts

You lucky old coot!! You've just landed yourself one of my top favorite dream bikes of all time!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Bird76Mojo said:
You lucky old coot!! You've just landed yourself one of my top favorite dream bikes of all time!!

Just happened to be in the right place at the right time there GB. Not usually able to do something like that, but the CBX is from a close friend who I've been doing bike stuff with for about 12yrs now. If you are familiar with my sidecar that is presently on my 80' CB750K, I bought that from him as well and he allows me to pay it out. Of course the CBX was quiite a bit more, but not as much as what he COULD have gotten for it. He wanted that one (which is one of his favorites, to go to someone wo'd take care of it. And Buddy, all I plan to do is maintain , polish and RIDE that one. Soon as I ca n post pictures of the actual bike, I will. I can hardly wait til i can get that sucker out on the road and just cruise, with all 6 cylinders, 6 carbs and 24 valves doing their thing! :cool:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

Nice Bill, congrats on the new sets of wheels.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

JeyLux said:
Nice Bill, congrats on the new sets of wheels.

Thank you Jason. Kinda proud of them myself. Since I've gotten those 2, I've also picked up on a few parts for the Super Hawk and I've gotten that 250 Jawa engine in my hands, that I bought a little while back. to put in the Jawa that I already have (it's the one I want to build like my Dad did back in the late 50's or early 60's. That will help my Dad tremendously, because he was really into THAT project. ;) Pictures, as soon as I can get set up to do so. :)

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts

Bill,

Can you give us an update on the GPZ that you snagged? What would you rate the overall condition on a 1 - 10 scale?

How is the comfort riding it? I rode one briefly when they came out and seem to recall it was a lot more aggressive seating position than my CB1100F but certainly a lot better than the GSXR's that came out a couple of years later.

Is the EFI working correctly? Were there any problems with the bike.

Just curious, given that you got such a good price on it (in my opinion).

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

MNellis said:
Bill,

Can you give us an update on the GPZ that you snagged? What would you rate the overall condition on a 1 - 10 scale?

How is the comfort riding it? I rode one briefly when they came out and seem to recall it was a lot more aggressive seating position than my CB1100F but certainly a lot better than the GSXR's that came out a couple of years later.

Is the EFI working correctly? Were there any problems with the bike.

Just curious, given that you got such a good price on it (in my opinion).
Man, the only word I can think of to describe this GPZ1100, is AWESOME!!!!

On a scale of 1 - 10, it would come in at a 35! :D Seriously, this bike is So impressive! :cool: I REALLY enjoy taking it out for a spin. I had only one previous encounter with handlebars similar to these (back in the late 60's I tried a set of Clip-ons on my 66' Honda CB72 and DID NOT like them at all! In fact, I took them right back off, after a short ride to check them out. These handle bars don't make me lay forward and down, like I thought they might. Also, these bars a slightly longer than the ones I had tried so many years ago, and yet, I WAS a bit nervous because these bars ARE still a bit shorter than I really like to have on a bike. But, I have been just kinda toolin' around with this bike and getting used to the bars pretty quickly, and I have actually gotten quite comfortable with them. The EFI works GREAT! I mean, you turn the switch on, flip on the choke, (after the electric fuel pump builds pressure) hit the start button, it fires right up, flip the choke off after a bit (it's a bit cold natured) and you are ready to go!

The only things I've noticed are: the clear coat needs to be redone (starting to bubble in places), there are a few light scratches in the paint, the bike has a warning light system that warns of the kickstand being down, the gas level being low and a few other things, and the gas gauge isn't working correctly which leaves a flashing red light which I'd like to eliminate. The bike needs some detailing (like the frame paint redone, the exhaust needs a repaint as well. The windscreen has a crack on each side of one of the mount bolt holes. ALL i all, pretty trivial considering what I've got AND what it cost me! :) The centerstand was missing and I figure that was because of the exhaust, but I've already picked up on one that I intend to use for maint. only. AND, for the record, I think that I got a GOOD PRICE on it as well. One thing I noticed about the bike, after I got it, was a coiled cord with a jack on the end of it and it was inside the right side of the fairing. It was a cord to plug in a "Radar Detector!" :roll: I don't think that I will ever be running this bike fast enough to need one of those. ;) It has 160mph on the speedometer, but not with ME on it! ;) I am STILL AWED by it, myself! No regrets! ;) Soon as I can, I'll get some photos of it AND the CBX (I'm still paying on that one AND don't have room in the garage for it yet, anyway) I'm not bringing it down till I can safely put it inside!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Boy, do I feel like I'm something else NOW. I brought the CBX home on my trailer today and, of course I had to take it out for a spin, as soon as I got it off of the trailer. I'll try to get some pictures of it soon, gotta get me another Walmart disposable camera. :roll: Maybe i can get some kind of a digital camera soon so I don't have to wait to get the film developed before I can show them off. :? Won't be getting THAT one out to ride, unless weather permits though. Got a feeling that the GPZ and the 650 Honda are going to get more miles than the CBX, at least til Spring and Summer. Now, we used to have some pretty decent days during the winter, but now that I'll really be looking for good weather, Probably won't get much! :roll:

Pictures, soon as I get them, Bill ;)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

I am glad you're having fun on it, that's the point of these machines we love.

Get some pictures, I'm eager to see the new collection.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

JeyLux said:
I am glad you're having fun on it, that's the point of these machines we love.

Get some pictures, I'm eager to see the new collection.

Hey Jason, don't have any shots of MY CBX yet, but her are some of the 83' GPZ1100 and the 80' CB650C (work in progress) And there are some of my 80' CB750K w/sidecar in there as well. Also got a 72' CZ175 that I picked up on because my Dad and my Granddad used to sell them AND it doesn't seem like it should take much to get it going.

You can see that the clearcoat is bad on it and I hope to take care of that this winter

]

This is a shot of what the 650 looked like when I got it

I have already made some changes

Here's the sidecar setup

More to come. ;)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some of the CBX and a few with the GPZ included:

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
That CBX sure looks nice. Get yourself a nice GS1000S and you'd have a nice complete set. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts