Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm dipping my toe in here.. have my eye on a '69 CL125 locally. I currently own 2 VTR1000 Superhawks (we Canucks call them Firestorms) so this is a serious change for me. With 70 in my rear view mirror I'm planning ahead for when a tiddler is more my speed, so to speak. As kick start bikes go, If I could still start a Commando I might be more inclined to that, but "been there, done that, got the slipped disc". Nyway, I'm hoping to score this pretty little Honda in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed! I'll try and add a photo, need more research.
Cheers!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yes, welcome - and what a "downsize" from a 1000 to a 125! I hear you though, I have a VF110S and I know in a few years it will become more of a slug to move around in the garage and deal with under less-than-perfect riding situations, which is why I now have my stripped down 450 (though at about 350 lbs, still significantly heavier than your 125). The CL 125 is a fun little bike with a simple, reliable and easy to maintain engine and will be a lot of fun to ride. I wanted one in high school in the worst way, and now they are pretty rare to see and done up right, it will only gain value as time goes by

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to pics.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Welcome aboard. Yup, I downsized from an 1100, to a 350 about 8 yrs ago.
Glad I did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts