Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, thanks to everybody that posts up here. I got a lot of info here before I made my purchase and have gained boatloads more since my purchase 2 weeks ago.
See below for my 1974 CB450. Original owner, 7K, all there...even the tools. I took the signals, sissy bar and rear fender off to see the real shape. I think I want to go with a CL or scrambler theme and add a cafe seat. We'll see. For now there are some gremlins to fix. Idle goes bananas and cable pins it to full throttle on left turns (scary). Swingarm bushings are shot (got a set from Bob thru recommendations from this site). And the tank is rusty inside...nothing major though. Looking forward to this one!
-Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome to the site. Nice bike. Any chance we can see a pic or two of your Bonnie?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IndieSol said:
Welcome to the site. Nice bike. Any chance we can see a pic or two of your Bonnie?
Sure. Bike has straight bars on it here but I have since added billet clip ons. VERY fun to ride!

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Very goodlooking Honda and super hot Bonnie! My husband has an '06 Bonneville T100 and a 1976 Triumph "in boxes." He has the frame on that one powdercoated, wheels laced, parts shined up, etc. Now we get to the pricey part -- the engine. Luckily, he's taken a very active interest in my new "OLD" Honda CL350 and is enjoying shining up the rusty bits and working on the seat.

Anyway, welcome. And again, gorgeous bikes! :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
hondamonsta said:
Sure. Bike has straight bars on it here but I have since added billet clip ons. VERY fun to ride!
Yup. It's official. That's an awesome Bonneville. I bet those pipes sound great.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
You have two great bikes there.
I think your 450 is one of my favorite stock paint schemes.
I agree with tbpmusic that the throttle problem has to be routing or a cable that is too short.
Don

·
Registered
659 Posts
A way nice 74 CB450, and all there too.
Be a super nice bike put back to original showroom condition.
Well.....after all....ya gotta real nice cafe Bonnie there to tinker with!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey man, im down in absecon (30sec from atlantic city) i dig the 450, and the Triumph. Welcome to the site!
-Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts