Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what I just bought! She's a 1973 with about 10k miles and all original. Even came with the black canvas Honda cover the original owner bought with the bike. She needs to be detailed, the cam chain tensioner needs adjustment, and the carbs could probably use a little TLC, but she runs strong and sounds great.

I'm sure I paid a little too much for it (don't ask), but I've always wanted a Scrambler ever since I saw this exact same model and color in the showroom back in 1973 when I was 13 and hung out at the local Honda dealership with my other dirt bike buddies--two of us had XR75s, one had a Yamaha 80, and another had a little Trail 70.

My last bike was a CB750 Four, which I sold when I moved here to Kansas to go back to school. This little Scrambler is my graduation present to myself! I plan to really give her a good going over during the winter so when spring rolls around, she'll be ready to turn heads. I'll probably have a few questions for you guys along the way, so I'm glad I found this forum.

PB

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Welcome aboard. That's some nice graduation present! :D

You'll find some very knowledgeable and helpful folks here along with a few maybe not so much. ;)

Enjoy the company.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice CL..Lots of good info on this site. For the most part it's all here, you just have to find it in the old posts...Good luck

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice CL. That is identical to mine when I got it. I'm down in Wichita, I bought my CB450 from a guy in Lawrence and my CL from a guy in KC. ROCK CHALK!

Glad to have you here.

- Woody

1 - 5 of 5 Posts