Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have now bought the CB450 K1 with the gammy gear change shaft that I asked a question about a few months ago. So here I am, formally signing up to join the bretheren.

The bike is my 3rd Honda (that I have now), the other two being a 750K1 and a 750K2. The latter is being rebuilt as we speak adn teh former is sitting under a cover awaiting .... well not sure actually. I bought is cos it was offered very cheap and I had been looking for a parts bike for years - not too many about here - even though I had bought most of the parts I needed already. Just couldn't resist!

Much the same abot the twin. It has been sitting in a garage since 2002 when the PO passed on. His widow mentioned it to me as a Matchless 500, so I went to see it. It was a Honda 450, but you know, close enough.

Seemed a shame to leave it there and her son, although keen to get it going, admitted that it was unlikely he ever would. So for teh princely sum of $300 it was mine.

It seemed pretty complete on quick inspection and everything seem to turn that was meant to. And it was running when parked she assured me.
So here she is as she arrived:
IMG_5766.JPG
And a little undressed:
IMG_0667.jpg

For now the plan is to clean up, make it safe and ride it. But even that can be challenging - the parts required list is already long.

Will post progress on project page and many many questions on other pages!

Stay well.

Sean

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

I don't really like the bars; would like something a bit flatter. Any thoughts?

Sean

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
you could put drag bar on it like I did to mine

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice bike! I like the 60's style - is that Art Deco? – panniers.

I think I'd like something between your bars and the existing ones. Looking at it from the front reminds me of an old African Buffalo! :)

IMG_5763.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts