Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!
I've just bought a '76 cb360t originally from the US.
I wanted a vintage honda for many years but it's never been the right time. Well now isn't the right time either but I've got it and couldn't be happier! I don't even have a garage at the mo, it's parked in the delapedated front room of my house which I've been trying to start renovations on for two years.
It's not even starting yet but the whole idea is a bit of brain training in the form of learning some old school mechanics. That's the reason more than wanting to ride it really. Sitting looking at a computer screen for a living can be pretty brain numbing.

Just looking at what to do first - I'm thinking oil change, filter clean, remove tank and check the petcock as there's some bits floating around in there.
Apparently the carbs need attention and the master cylinder is shot so plenty to do.

Really grateful for finding this forum, there's some great info on here. Hopefully I can learn a few things and in time be helpful to others.

All the best, Andy.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yes, welcome Andy - plenty of knowledge her for your 360, and as mentioned above, someone will be along with a link to a proper FSM (factory shop manual) for you shortly. Pictures of your bike will help us know more about its condition and potential needs, as well as satisfy our ongoing curiosity about the vintage Hondas all over the world connected to this place - we love pictures! :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Brent and Tom for replying. Hopefully I've correctly attached a few pics below. There's clearly a wealth of invaluable information on here from the likes of yourselves. Looking forward to the challenge !

Cb360.1.jpg Cb360.2.jpg Cb360.3.jpg Cb360.4.jpg Cb360.5.jpg Cb360.6.jpg

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome from Georgia............

Good looking bike.................dayyyyyum.....looks like a rider already.

Seems it shouldn't take much .

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Well that delapataded front room seems as good a place for a garage as any!
Think of the Reno costs you will save,lol
More money for the bike!
Where abouts in Yorkshire?
Beauty of a bike.

Reactions: Editor

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha, I wish that was my garage, I bought it from a guy who restores classic cars.
I think the photos flatter the actual condition but it has had new tyres and paint.

I'm from Leeds/ York but I'm also in London quite often as my missus works down there.

Thanks for the kind welcome guys, much appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts