Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The place I used was done on time so although no prior cleaning is required I found this helped reduce costs.
To do all my CL160 engine parts was approx £180 in the uk but not sure about Canada

·
Registered
711 Posts
I didn't know what kind of cost was involved. I have read a lot of posts from people who had parts done but never a cost. The closest shop to me that does it is about a 6 hour round trip so I'd need to be restoring a Vincent to make the drive worth while.

Anyone interested in investing in a vapour blast/ powder coat facility in the middle of nowhere Ontario? ...Anyone?

·
Super Moderator
24,208 Posts
It only took me 2 weeks of searching to find a local vapor blasting. Other choices were Seattle, 3.5 hrs north, or Grants Pass OR, 5 hours south. After i found the guy I had to wait 2 weeks until he got his large blast cabinet, he has a small one and recently decide to make a business out of this.
Complete blasting of a 350 engine plus a couple extra pieces was $150.

·
Super Moderator
24,208 Posts
Do you plan on painting these parts now with VHT paint?
I have gone a more expensive route and had the pieces CeraKote'd. Satin Aluminum. Turns out that I didn't need to use the Vapor Blasting since to do CeraKote the pieces have to be media blasted with a specific grit for proper adherence. I could have cheated and just had the really bad pieces media blasted. Cost to CeraKote the entire engine? $800 but it is completely impervious to chemicals. This is where it's at today

·
Super Moderator
24,208 Posts
That's pricey for the entire engine, but it will look good after the rest of the bike has rusted away from it
Yeah, hurt the wallet a bunch. But I'll never have to deal with peeling paint even using a power washer. The Satin Aluminum CeraKote is very close to the original silver paint Honda used.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The vapour blasting costs appear to be very close between Matt's guy in the UK and LDR's in the US.

ENGINVIOUS is how I feel about Jim's motor. It's had the full Beverly Hills face lift.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts