Honda Twins banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
and some more photos of wheels.... Got the engine gaskets and oil seals ordered so the engine will be put back together next. I even powdercoated the factory sprockets that were on the bike because they were in such good shape. It has a 16tooth on the front and 42 on the rear

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I got the Shrinko SR241 tires mounted on the wheels and made it a rolling frame. I think it looks pretty sweet!!

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I also managed to pick up two more Sl350 K1's. One is fairly complete and the other is a good parts bike.. but out of the four i have i could make 3 nice bikes. maybe one of each color ;) here are some pics of the new scores

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
How much for the 56 Chev in the background!!!?!!?!?!?

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Wow!! Those rims/wheels look awesome.
Nice work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well guys I have a lot of updating to do... so here are some pictures cause I know that's all you really care about hahaha. Here are the gauges that I went through. I turned the odomoter back to 0 and cleaned everything and got new gauge decals made. Not the original style but I like the orange and I think it fits the bike well. I did the voltmeter mod also like a few of you have done

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
here are pics before I went through the gauges and a couple pics of some engine assembly.. My wife even helped out by reaching her small hands down and grabbing and holding the timing chain for me:) then a pic of my had compressing the rings as I drop the cylinder down over the pistons

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
AND FINALLY some paint! I used the booth at my work and was able to get a very clean paint job. I'm very happy with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
More paint pics... i painted the undersides of the fenders and tank semi gloss black

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Two weekends ago my family was in town for our annual reunion so I decided I would show my grandpa so this is the big unveil... He LOVED seeing it. He said he never thought it would get rebuilt to the extent I did. It definitely put a smile on my face :)

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Oh i also installed the engine and put the chain on... More pictures of my Grandpa seeing it for the first time. He sat on it and wanted to lean down by the tank to pretend he was really going fast hahaha

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I rebuilt the carbs, installed all the new cables I got from marblesmotors, and then on Thursday i took the tank back in to work and sprayed the stripes on the tank. I thought the black stripes instead of the white would fit better with all the black powdercoat the bike has... also put on the 350 decals on the side covers. Now I'm just waiting for some more parts to arrive from Dime City then hopefully I can finish up the electrical and exhaust and start this beast!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Looking sweet! Nice color choice too.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Thanks Captb! You have a very nice bike. I just moved back up to Utah from Phoenix three months ago... I can say I'm not missing it this time of year!
Yea it's a beat this time of year in AZ, we got away last weekend to SoCal, tested our new Genesis Coupe...about 400 miles of mountain twisties and the Ortega Hiway on the way back, the little woman has now recovered from the trip..too much fun:mrgreen:. I havn't done that run since 89 in my Conquest TSI.
I have to take a trip to Utah havn't been thru there yet. Best of luck on the SL!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts