Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my stickers today (shipping was really fast, they were supposed to be delivered on the 19th!). They also actually sent me two sheets of 2 stickers, which is cool, if I mess up I can redo it... I cleaned up one of the covers and put one of the stickers on, now I'm putting a few coats of clear to protect it. The other cover needed a fresh coat of black before putting the sticker on, so I'm working on that. I'm also putting a coat of clear on the back of the fasteners because I noticed they tend to leech some grey in the rain for whatever reason... hopefully it'll help... I think it's going to look pretty good! Just need to finish bending my tubing for the passenger grab bar...

·
Registered
752 Posts
That is the finishing touch!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Installed. I waited about 48 hours after the last clear coat (I applied like 4 or 5 last Friday) before putting the covers back on to give the clear coat enough time to cure. I also put a small o-ring on each fastener to try to keep the fasteners heads slightly off the cover plates to avoid rubbing the clear coat off because of the vibrations and also to prevent water going behind the covers. I mean some is going to get there but less is better... Having a sticker on there sure makes it look more polished! Getting there... The colors on the stickers are very slightly see-through, but it's really if you look really close, otherwise I don't think it's really noticeable, overall they look pretty good and I think the blue matches the tank quite well. Hopefully they'll hold up well but I put a bunch of clear coats over them so that should protect them well enough...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts